VMware Workstation v8.0.1 Build 528992 with Tools
VMware Workstation v8.0.1 Build 528992 with Tools | 1.48 GB
Orignal Download Provider --> Freshwap.com
VMware Workstation - the program is designed for workstations, enables a computer to emulate an independent working environment of the operating system and work with him as with the conventional system. With this method you can install different operating systems and applications for them, go online and do everyday tasks, but with somewhat slower speeds. The benefit of this method is tested various software under various operating systems, without causing harm to the current system, installed on my main computer, as well as some test hardware solutions. Could life greatly facilitate cross-platform applications and lovers to work with the new OS.
VMware Workstation is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers / testers and enterprise IT professionals that runs multiple operating systems simultaneously on a single PC. Users can run Windows, Linux, NetWare, or Solaris x86 in fully networked, portable virtual machines - no rebooting or hard drive partitioning required. VMware Workstation delivers excellent performance and advanced features such as memory optimization and the ability to manage multi-tier configurations. Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators. With millions of customers and dozens of major product awards over the last six years, VMware Workstation is a proven technology that improves productivity and flexibility. An indispensable tool for software developers and IT professionals worldwide.
Among the new features VMware Workstation 8
- Enhancements to support 3D. OpenGL 2.1 and Shader Model 3.0 support virtual machines in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. (Indirectly, this should mean support for Aero in Windows Vista - ca. From the author's news.)
- Support for the new model drivers Windows Display Driver Model for Windows 7 - There is only 2D acceleration and support only one monitor, the driver uses 32MB RAM. If you want to run 3d applications in Windows 7, you must configure it to use the old SVGAII driver from VMWare.
- Support for vSphere 4.0 and ESX support. Professionals can now run these technologies as guest operating systems to check how they are suited to your organization. ESX is currently supported only on processors that support hardware acceleration for virtualization (all Intel Core 2 and above, AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2/Phenom and above).
- Support for multiprocessing expanded to four SMP systems, which allows you to use all the capabilities of your equipment. VMWare allows you to allocate for the guest system with four virtual single-core processors, two dual-core and one quad.
- Virtual allows you to print even without installing the printer to print on all printers on the host operating system - the printers are added to the guest OS automatically and does not require a network.
- Download the VMWare tools on the Internet on request. VMWare added ability to download via the Internet the latest version of VMWare Tools including for the new OS, which will improve support for new systems without waiting for a new version of VMWare WorkStation.
- AutoProtect - the ability to create a new virtual machine snapshot'ov scheduled for the possibility of rapid recovery of the guest OS.
- Encrypting the virtual machine - VMWare now supports encryption (AES 128-bit) and password protection of virtual machines. Running these machines running in VMWare Player.
- Support for IPv6 was added to the connection type bridge (direct connection to the virtual machine's physical network).
- Support for ALSA. Finally VMWare has support audio output to ALSA, which will simultaneously output sound from the host OS and a guest without blocking the sound device.
- Pause - an opportunity that was in VirtualBox from the outset, appeared in VMWare. Now you can temporarily stop the implementation of a guest operating system and free up resources for the system.
- Improvements in technology Drag and Drop. Support drag and drop images, formatted e-mail attachments and zip folders is now supported in Windows, and Linux.
- Improved support for debugging the guest OS mode replay ("play"). Read the documentation.
- Expanding virtual disks. It is now possible to expand virtual disks and Windows Vista and Windows 7 can take advantage of this opportunity without having to run additional software (Linux LVM should also support this feature - approx.'s News).
- Linux OS can now mount the virtual disk images via Fuse.
- Improved interface for managing virtual networks.
- Centralized collection of information for service - you can easily push a button to collect detailed information about the guest and the host system, compress it and send it in to tech support or attach to the forums VMWare.
Here are some key features of "VMware Workstation":
? Streamline software development and testing operations. Create multiple development and testing environments as virtual machines on a single PC and use them to test "real world" multi-tier configurations, complex networks, and multiple operating systems and applications all on a single machine.
? Improve team collaboration. The portability and hardware-independent properties of virtual machines, coupled with new features in VMware Workstation, lets users easily share development environments and pre-packaged testing configurations without risk, and also facilitates collaboration between development and QA.
? Enhance the productivity of IT professionals. Allows system administrators and other enterprise IT professionals to test software, including new applications, application updates, and operating system patches, in virtual machines prior to deployment on physical PCs or servers in a production environment. IT help desk departments can create and reference a virtual library of end-user configurations to help them resolve problems more quickly.
? Introduce virtual infrastructure to your enterprise. Virtual machines created in Workstation can be deployed to the other desktop and server virtualization platforms offered by VMware. Introducing VMware Workstation virtualization to the desktop is an ideal first step to transforming your physical IT infrastructure into virtual infrastructure.
Ultimate Desktop Virtualization Product for Windows 7
Run Windows 7 in a virtual machine with the industry's first support for Windows Aero 3D graphics. Easy Install makes installing 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 in a virtual machine even easier than on your physical PC. VMware Workstation 7 works with Flip 3D and Aero Peek to show live thumbnails of your virtual machines. Better than Windows XP Mode, you can run Windows XP with 3D graphics, faster performance, and tighter integration with Unity, shared folders and drag and drop convenience. VMware Workstation is optimized for maximum performance when running on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7 PCs.
Best 3D Graphics Just Got Better
VMware Workstation was the first to support 3D graphics in virtualized environments and is now the first to support Windows Aero in Windows Vista and Windows 7 virtual machines. Run even more 3D applications with support for DirectX 9.0c Shader Model 3 and OpenGL 2.13D graphics in Windows virtual machines.
Most Advanced Virtualization Platform
Create virtual machines with up to four virtual processors or 4 virtual cores and up to 32GB of memory per virtual machine. Driverless printing makes your PC printers automatically accessible to your Windows and Linux virtual machines-no configuration or drivers required. Smart card authentication enables you to dedicate a Smart Card reader to a virtual machines or share access.
Features Professionals Cannot Live Without
Install and run VMware vSphere 4 and VMware ESXi in a virtual machine
New IDE integrations for the SpringSource Tools Suite and Eclipse IDE for C / C
Replay debugging is now easier and faster
Remote Replay Debugging makes it easier to share virtual machine recordings for analysis
More Refined Than Ever
Protect from Prying Eyes
Protect your virtual machines from prying eyes with 256-bit AES encryption.
Printing that Just Works
Driver-less printing makes your PC printers automatically accessible to your Windows and Linux VMs-no configuration or drivers required. Your PC's default printer even shows up as the default, too.
Go Back in Time
Buggy applications, hardware failures, viruses and other malware do not give you fair warning to take a manual snapshot. AutoProtect luckily automatically takes snapshots at set intervals, protecting you from unexpected bumps in the road, making it's easy to go back in time to when things were good.
Free Up System Resources
Pause a virtual machine to free up CPU resources for use by other running virtual machines or demanding applications.
Graphics performance and compatibility enhancements.
Improvements in creating and using shared virtual machines and remote virtual machines.
Ubuntu 11.10 is officially supported as a guest operating system.
Disk and memory management issues have been addressed.
Many customer-reported issues have been resolved