Samurai Shodown Sen - DWI (Cutdown Rip/2008)

Samurai Shodown Sen - DWI (Cutdown Rip/2008)
PC | 2008 | Publisher & Developer: SNK Playmore | 823 MB
Genre: Fighting

TheSamurai Shodown series has seen better days. What started off as a wellloved 2D franchise has turned into Samurai Shodown Sen an ugly, oneon one 3D fighter that fails to capture the charm of the originaltitles. Although this isnt the first time the series has ventured intothe 3D space, it feels like the developers rookie effort on a 3Dproject. Samurai Shodown Sen is awkward, stiff and the visuals arereminiscent of a middle of the road PS2 game.
Its depressing, really,because the first Samurai Shodown games were classics from the Neo Geofamily. Samurai Shodown was one of the first franchises that tackledweapons based combat in the fighting genre, and emphasized careful,calculated strikes as opposed to arcade style button mashing. ButSamurai Shodown Sen fails at transitioning that gameplay properly to the360.
In Samurai Shodown Sen, players face off in a flat arenawith any warrior out of the 24 combatant roster (and a few bosses toboot). The battle system of Samurai Shodown Sen revolves around combosbuilt on either horizontal or vertical slashes. Characters also havekicks and throws at their disposal, as well as a special Rage Explosionstate that powers up their attacks and also gives them access to RageExplosion Moves.
There are a few other subtleties to thegameplay, like deflecting oncoming strikes to stagger your opponent andsidestepping around attacks, but nothing that hasnt been done in 3Dfighting games before. I fully recognize that there is some strategy tobe found in Samurai Shodown Sen, but tapping into it means players needto wade through some of the most vapid, stiff fighting mechanics Iveplayed. Samurai Shodown Sen just doesnt feel right, and is nowhere nearas responsive as its peers like Street Fighter IV or BlazBlue: CalamityTrigger. Even other 3D fighters (Soulcalibur and Tekken come to mind)have had more successful current gen offerings, and they look infinitelybetter.

Yes, Sen is an ugly game. I can usually look past poorvisuals if brilliant gameplay hides underneath, but Samurai Shodown isneither attractive or hiding brilliancy under its ugly exterior. Notonly is Sen very overwhelming for newcomers (illegible move lists,little story context and no tutorials), but the stiffness is just hardto deal with, especially when AI opponents cut into you like a hot knifethrough butter.

Samurai Shodown Sen also suffers from someannoying load times, as well as a fair amount of slowdown in certainstages. Any slowdown in a fighting game is disappointing consideringhow important precision is to the experience but that such a datedlooking game stutters is beyond me.
Samurai Shodown just doesnthave the same sort of appeal of other modern fighters. When I jumpedonto Xbox Live to test out the multiplayer, I only found two peopleplaying the game. The first, a suspiciously silent gamer, refused toplay with me after I beat him/her in the first match. The second player,a much more talkative chap, voiced some of the same concerns I had withthe game and he was a Day One Buyer. At least the game actually ranwell during the online matches, but with so few people playing, itll behard to properly enjoy the multiplayer components.
P1 Controls are :
F1 is start
F2 is coin
A,S,Z,X are fight keys
Arrows are Directions
Unsure of controls for P2
To edit the games resolution :
edit gameres.dat with notepad
simply change width height
The final digit is 1 for fullscreen and 0 for windowed

Buy a Premium Account to download file with fast speed
Links premium:
Download Filesonic:

! No Password !
If you like my thread, please replay to keep topic live.
Thanks for download.