VMware Workstation 7.1.5 Build 491717 Portable
VMware Workstation 7.1.5 Build 491717 Portable (x86/ENG) | 1.2 GB
VMware Workstation - the program is designed for workstations, enables a computer emulate a standalone working environment of the operating system and work with him as with the conventional system. Using this method you can install different operating systems and applications for them, go online and do everyday tasks, but with somewhat slower speeds.
The benefit of this method is tested various software under various operating systems, without causing harm to the current system, installed on my main computer, as well as some test hardware solutions. Could life greatly facilitate cross-platform applications and lovers to work with the new OS.
Among the new features VMware Workstation
- Enhancements to support 3D. OpenGL 2.1 and Shader Model 3.0 are supported in virtual machines, Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7. (Indirectly, this should mean support for Aero in Windows Vista - ca. From the author's news.)
- Support for the new model drivers Windows Display Driver Model for Windows 7 - There is only 2D acceleration and support only one monitor, the driver uses 32MB RAM. If you want to run 3d applications in Windows 7, you must configure it to use the old SVGAII driver from VMWare.
- Support for vSphere 4.0 and ESX support. Professionals can now run these technologies as guest operating systems to check how they are suited to your organization. ESX is currently supported only on processors that support hardware acceleration for virtualization (all Intel Core 2 and above, AMD Athlon 64 X2 AM2/Phenom and above).
- Support for multiprocessing expanded to four SMP systems, which allows you to use all the capabilities of your equipment. VMWare allows you to allocate for the guest system with four virtual single-core processors with two dual-core and one quad.
- Virtual allows you to print even without installing the printer to print on all printers on the host OS - the printers are added to the guest OS automatically and does not require a network.
- Download the VMWare tools on the Internet on demand. VMWare added ability to download via the Internet the latest version of VMWare Tools including for the new OS, which will improve support for new systems without waiting for the new version of VMWare WorkStation.
- AutoProtect - the ability to create a new virtual machine snapshot'ov scheduled for the possibility of rapid recovery of the guest OS.
- Encrypting the virtual machine - VMWare now supports encryption (AES 128-bit) and password protection of virtual machines. Running these machines works in VMWare Player.
- Support for IPv6 was added to the connection type bridge (direct connection to the virtual machine's physical network).
- Support for ALSA. Finally VMWare has support audio output to ALSA, which will simultaneously output sound from the host OS and a guest without blocking the sound device.
- Pause - an opportunity that was in VirtualBox from the outset, appeared in VMWare. Now you can temporarily stop the implementation of guest OS and free resources for the system.
- Improvements in technology Drag and Drop. Support drag and drop images, formatted e-mail attachments and zip folders is now supported in Windows, and Linux.
- Improved support for debugging the guest OS mode replay ("play"). Read the documentation.
- Expanding a virtual disk. It is now possible to expand virtual disks and Windows Vista and Windows 7 can take advantage of this opportunity without having to run additional software (Linux LVM should also support this feature - approx.'s News).
- Linux OS can now mount the virtual disk images via Fuse.
- Improved interface for managing virtual networks.
- Centralized collection of information for service - you can easily push a button to collect detailed information about the guest and the host system, compress it and send it in to tech support or attach to the forums VMWare.
Mirror 2 :