Schlumberger ECLIPSE Simulation 2010.1
Schlumberger ECLIPSE Simulation 2010.1 | 608.0 mb
The ECLIPSE family of reservoir simulation software offers the industry's most complete and robust set of numerical solutions for fast and accurate prediction of dynamic behavior, for all types of reservoirs and degrees of complexity?structure, geology, fluids, and development schemes.
Knowledge, technical innovation and teamwork are at the center of who we are. For more than 80 years, we have focused on leveraging these assets to deliver solutions that improve customer performance.
Today, our real-time technology services and solutions enable customers to translate acquired data into useful information, then transform this information into knowledge for improved decision making-anytime, anywhere. Harnessing information technology in this way offers enormous opportunities to enhance efficiency and productivity. This is a quantum leap from providing traditional 'just-in-case' information to delivering 'just-in-time' knowledge that meets the changing needs of our customers.
About Schlumberger ECLIPSE Simulation
ECLIPSE software covers the entire spectrum of reservoir simulation, specializing in blackoil, compositional and thermal finite-volume reservoir simulation, and streamline reservoir simulation. By choosing from a wide range of add-on options?such as coalbed methane, gas field operations, calorific value-based controls, reservoir coupling, and surface networks?simulator capabilities can be tailored to meet your needs, enhancing the scope of reservoir simulation studies. ECLIPSE reservoir simulators have been the benchmark for commercial reservoir simulation for more than 25 years because of their breadth of capabilities, robustness, speed, parallel scalability, and unmatched platform coverage.
Overview of Developments in 2010.1
This is a major release of the ECLIPSE suite of reservoir simulators with significant functional extensions in several key areas in both ECLIPSE 100 and ECLIPSE 300. The emphasis in this release is on the enablement of complex workflows and on feature compatibility.
Thermal Recovery Simulation
- Equilibration option extensions
- Dual tubing wells enabling detailed steam injection control in SAGD processes
- Increased temperature ranges
- Linear Solver improvements
Enhanced Oil Recovery
- Partitioning of Tracers into multiple phases
- Feature compatibility enabling construction of complex Chemical EOR strategies
- Extensions to the Rock Physics and Saturation Function options
Improved Integration with Petrel Reservoir Engineering
- Generation of streamlines from ECLIPSE results
- User Keyword rules in development strategies
- Improved Results Visualization
Flexible Field Development Strategies
- Sustained Capacity Tests for oil and water
- Keyword parameterization for use in control logic
- Extensions to the user defined quantity framework
- Multiple flow paths to surface
Compatibility Improvements for Existing Options
- Parallel streamline tracers
- Enhanced oil recovery options
- Grid property modifications throughout the simulation model (static and dynamic)